We should never be afraid to ask questions and seek answers when we are faced with doubts, confusions or challenges. To that end, Liberty Hill periodically holds open forum Q&A events where those in attendance can ask any question, which will then be addressed by Pastor Marc and other guest panelists present.
For up to date links and postings from the Q&A Events, visit www.HeyPastor.org.
The events are presented below with an embedded media player and links to the individual questions below that. Check back often, as the questions are generally posted over time due to the time involved in editing each individual question from the master video. Questions are posted as they become available.
AUGUST 23RD, 2017
The full Q&A event with pastor Marc and special guest, sociologist Kenneth Vaughan from Baylor University is linked below. Check back as the individual questions will be posted as they get edited and uploaded.
Click here to view the FULL EVENT.
- Introduction and Why We do These Events
- What about fundraising on church property?
- Is playing the lotto a sin?
- Who wrote the Bible?
- Which Bible translation is the most accurate?
- What does the Bible say about tattoos?
- Is it wrong to drink alcohol?
- Can Baptism and Marriage only be performed by a licensed minister?
- How much effort should we put in with a nonbeliever to bring them to Christ?
- Why are there so many different races?
APRIL 26TH, 2017
Pastor Marc and special guest, sociologist Kenneth Vaughan from Baylor University.
- Click here to view the FULL EVENT
- What is Kenneth’s background and specialization?
- What happens after death?
- What does ‘salvation’ really mean?
- How do you obtain salvation?
- Is demon possession real?
- Can a demon haunt a place?
- Why is God so violent in the Old Testament?
- What is the meaning of baptism?
- After the Rapture can people who did not believe change their minds?
- Where does God come from?
- How old is the Earth?
- What would it take to get a revival in the church?
- Can an active, practicing homosexual be a Christian and go to Heaven?
- If you do not believe in Heaven or Hell or God, where do you go when you die?
- What about someone who doesn’t know about Christianity?
- Would it be a sin to use marijuana as a drug?
- Was the Holocaust a punishment for Israel?
- How much effort do you put into persuading an unbeliever?
- Why are there so many races?
JANUARY 25th, 2017
Here is the full 1 hour event. Videos of the individual questions are posted below for easier browsing and viewing.
- The Age of the Earth, Cavemen, and Dinosaurs
- What do you say if someone asks you why you believe in Jesus?
- What is the difference between justification and sanctification?
- Why do gay people not go to Heaven but other people with different sins do?
- Besides the Bible what evidence do we have that Jesus existed?
- Why is it not possible for an individual who takes their own life to go to Heaven?
- Why did Adam eat the fruit after Eve when he knew he wasn’t supposed to?
- What if Adam & Eve hadn’t eaten the fruit?
- Why did God create the serpent and the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil at all?
- If you die and you are saved where would you go right now?
- Why didn’t they fight when people came to arrest Jesus?
- Can you know if someone is saved?
- Can Satan read our minds?
- Does Hell exist yet?
- Are there degrees of rewards and punishments in Heaven and Hell?
- Can we be possessed by demons?
- What does it mean to be ‘saved’?
- Closing Thoughts
OCTOBER 26th, 2016
You may view the entire 1 hour event here, or check back as the individual questions get edited and posted for easier viewing. Links to the individual questions will be posted below the embedded media player as they become available.
- Why did God make bugs and animals that sting and hurt us?
- Why did Eve listen to the serpent?
- What is your view on the sequence of end time events?
- Did Jesus preach to deceased people between the Crucifixion and the Resurrection?
- If God says not to judge then why do we judge gay people?
- What does God think of gay people?
- Why did God create cancer?
- Did dinosaurs live with humans?
- Didn’t they find dinosaur and human foot prints together at Glen Rose?
- If dinosaurs and man lived together why don’t we find human remains in fossilized dinosaur stomachs?
- If God wanted perfect people then why didn’t He create us perfect?
- If God knew that Adam and Eve would sin, why did He create them?
- Did God let us be able to sin so we could choose whether to follow Him?
- Why does God allow people to worship things other than Him?
- If God knew mankind would keep on sinning after the Flood, why did He do it?
- Would you allow someone on drugs to come to church?
- If God wants people to worship Him, then why give us other things to worship?
- Closing Prayer
JULY 27th, 2016
- Can people be saved during The Tribulation?
- God’s Passive Wrath
- Will King Saul and Judas be in Heaven?
- Can you explain Abraham’s Bosom?
- Do people go straight to Heaven when they die?
- How would you know if a person will go to Heaven or Hell?
- Can you clarify water baptism and baptism of the Holy Spirit?
- How can ungodly people be anointed by the Holy Spirit?
- Why do people debate the Bible when it is so straightforward?
- Why does the Bible say that a woman who is raped has to marry the man?
- Dave shares some thoughts on marriage and sanctification.
- If God is all powerful, why did it take Him 6 days to create everything?
- I have felt for a long time that God does not love me; how can I change my life?
- Closing Thoughts: Never Stop Seeking
How NOT to interpret the Bible
- Is temptation to be avoided or welcomed?
- Do we have to forgive other in order to be forgiven by God?
- Does Jesus teach that God will give us anything we ask for?
- Does God lead us into temptation?
- Pride is Plagiarism?
- Are we supposed to do our good deeds to be seen or in secret?
- What is Street Epistemology, and why should Christians be aware of it?
- Can a Non-Christian be a Good Person?
- Christ Fulfills the Law
- The Joy of Sharing the Gospel?
- Sermon on the Mount or Sermon on the Plain?
- The IM-Moral Argument for Christianity
- A Reminder of the Importance of Prayer
- Just Passing Through
- What is Jesus’ real name?
- Consequences of Unbelief: Capernaum vs Nazareth
- Why did people wait until sunset to come to Jesus for healing?
- Saved to Serve
- Jesus vs Evil: Jesus Wins Every Time
- Miracles Glorify God
- When and where did Jesus call His disciples? (Part 1)
- When and where did Jesus call His disciples? (Part 2)
- Isn’t it needy for God to demand that we worship Him?
- Why does it sometimes seem like prayer doesn’t work?
- Did God create us because He was lonely?
- How should we, as Christians, think about suffering?
- How can we say that sin cannot be in God’s presence if God is everywhere?
Homosexuality and The Church
- What is Homosexuality?
- What does the Bible say about homosexuality?
- Why is it important to know the science of sexual orientation and not just quote the Bible?
- Is homosexuality a normal function of human sexuality?
- Does homosexuality have more health risks than heterosexuality?
- Is sexual orientation something people are born with?
- Is Sexual Orientation Something People Choose?
- Where does homosexuality come from?
- Is it possible for same-sex attraction to change?
- What are some things we should NOT say regarding homosexuality?
- How should the church deal with same-sex attraction?